West Broadway Business and Area Coalition
WBC is hiring for a Fund Development Manager!
The purpose of this grant program is to support businesses and nonprofit organizations whose location of operation in North Minneapolis were impacted by the civil unrest that followed the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
Eligible businesses and nonprofit organizations can use this application to apply for funding to help reopen or sustain operations. If you are selected to receive funds:
1. You may need to submit additional documents.
2. You will be required to submit documentation of expenses within 6 months of receiving grant funds, including a written explanation, photos, and receipts to show that funds were used as intended.
3. You may request up to $20,000 in funding.
We expect the average grant to be $10,000. Applicants are not guaranteed to receive any funding.
To be eligible for this funding, your business or nonprofit organization must:
1. Have fewer than 100 full time employees.
2. Have an annual revenue of less than $3 million.
3. Be located within North Minneapolis, which is defined as the area north of interstate 35W, south of Brooklyn Center, west of the Mississippi River and east of Golden Valley.
4. Have directly experienced damage to the building they are located in (i.e. broken windows, doors, fire, or other damage to the structure of the commercial property) and/or loss of business property (i.e. theft or destruction of cash, inventory, equipment, or furnishings) during the period of civil unrest during the period of civil unrest that occurred from Tuesday, May 26 through Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020.
5. Demonstrate a need for financial assistance to reopen or sustain operations.
**This application closes September 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST
The West Broadway Business and Area Coalition (WBC) anticipates that the economic impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) public health crisis on small businesses across the Twin Cities will be substantial.
To better understand what resources are needed to support small businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are asking you to complete this brief survey. Your input is valuable to us, and will also help us communicate the impacts experienced by North Minneapolis businesses to our local and federal governments and political leaders.
To see a full list of resources, visit our COVID-19 Resources page.
What We Do
The West Broadway Business and Area Coalition (WBC) works to support local business owners and businesses in several ways. We serve as a resource to connect technical assistance providers, offer financial resources through a partnership with the City of Minneapolis, advocate for businesses along the West Broadway Corridor, and connect business owners to develop stronger networks in North Minneapolis.
Membership supports these activities and other programs put on by WBC, including the Northside Business Luncheons, FLOW Northside Arts Crawl, Black Friday on Broadway and Open Streets West Broadway.