WBC Staff and Program Leads
WBC is Hiring! See “Open Positions” below for all job opportunities.
Felicia Perry joined the WBC team full time in 2018. She now serves the Northside business community as the Executive Director of the West Broadway Business and Area Coalition. She brings a wealth of experience in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Finance/ Accounting and Community Engagement to the corridor.
Her dedication to community has led her to work with the West Broadway Business and Area Coalition previously as the Program Manager transforming her work as an activator of vacant spaces into a vehicle of economic and social development. Using Art as a catalyst to create a vibrant business corridor, she managed projects such as the 3-day FLOW Northside Arts Crawl and Open Streets West Broadway.
Felicia is an ARTreprenuer based in Minneapolis specializing in fashion design, performance art, and curating spaces. She builds on her passion for broadcasting as an on air host of “DesignHER Life” at KRSM Community Radio station, where she interviews women and non-binary identifying ARTreprenuers about designing and creating their unique life and career paths. Felicia is a former Springboard for the Arts 20/20 Artist Fellow.
Currently her work on West Broadway has expanded to co chairing the Destination Northside Coalition, co-chairing the Blue Line Extension Business Advisory Committee.
Full Job Description
For considerations, please send your resume and cover letter in Word or pdf. format to email@example.com with “Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
-Provide graphic design, web design and maintenance and marketing assistance for the WBC. The WBC works with designer consultants, but this person is the in-house designer for the WBC team.
-Provide graphic design services for promotions of WBC and its programs including the Northside Business Luncheon, Flow, Open Streets West Broadway and other projects as defined by the Executive Director.
-Manage the WBC and related programs website.
-Track and evaluate all organizational communications networks, including social media, websites and other online communications.
-Coordinate outreach to artistic community on pop-ups, farmer’s market, and other arts-related programming.
-Manage online presence, including updating content and design of websites, social media, and other online communications.
-Prepare mailings, reports and other documents, including marketing materials, newsletters, training packets, manuals, etc.
-Manage the West Broadway Web and Social Media Promotion Program. –Provide direct technical assistance to businesses that wish to improve their use of social media.
-Publish WBC e-Newsletters that are fresh and have a consistent voice.
-Manage online presence for WBC and FLOW Northside Arts Crawl including updating content and design of websites, social media accounts, and branding when applicable.
-Other duties as assigned or requested.
Full Job Description
-Ensures that seamless and comprehensive programs are delivered, providing coordinated service options and resources, resulting in positive outcomes.
-Provides outreach to inform and engage business owners, property owners, community organizations, residents, and other interested parties in the projects, programs, and activities of the WBC with the goal of increasing involvement and interaction with the WBC.
-Manages the programming and services of the WBC, including managing City, County, or Federally contracted programs such as the Business Technical Assistance Program, Facade Improvement, Business Improvement District Support, etc.
-Provide business support services, resources, information, and referrals
Develops training and information dissemination opportunities, assists business owners in accessing resources, and advocates on behalf of the business owner’s with resources providers.
-Develop and maintain budgets for WBC programs, including tracking of funds, and third-party vendors
-Manage and track monthly business luncheons
-Maintain a list of available commercial spaces on West Broadway
-Develops and administers surveys, questionnaires, and other information-gathering tools
-Manages and/or provides support to other staff, interns, consultants, and volunteers as needed
-Maintains WBC member databases to ensure the information is comprehensive and up to date
-Assist in the planning and support of operations during major events.
-Prepare and maintain monthly reports for board meetings on work progress
-Attend monthly board meetings
-Represents WBC at meetings and events
-Other duties as assigned by the ED
Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
Full Job Description
▪ Provides outreach to inform and engage business owners, property owners, community organizations, residents, and other interested parties in the projects, programs, and activities of the WBC with the goal of increasing involvement and interaction with the WBC.
▪ Assists in developing a process for WBC constituents to access loan and grant funds via the WBC and other community lending and granting organizations
▪ Helps business and property owners apply for funds available through WBC and from community partner organizations
▪ Conducts research and develops reports on a variety of topics and issues related to the work of the WBC
▪ Develops and administers surveys, questionnaires, and other information-gathering tools
▪ Facilitates and convenes WBC constituents and other interested parties for the purposes of gathering input into services needs and engaging constituents in WBC projects, programs, and activities, and shared opportunities
▪ Develops and implements tracking tools to analyze outcomes, services provided and develops reports as needed.
▪ Works with and provides support to other staff, interns, consultants, and volunteers as needed.
▪ Researches, collects, and manages relevant economic and demographic data; (e.g., vacancy rates, median income, etc.)
▪ Maintains organizations’ databases to ensure the information is comprehensive and up to date, e.g., owner and commercial tenant contact lists, non-profit organizations, and other entities in the West Broadway service area and north Minneapolis.
▪ Assist in the planning and support, and manage operations during major events.
▪ Other duties as assigned by supervisor.