WBC Staff and Program Leads
WBC is Hiring!
More details below.
Felicia Perry joined the WBC team full time in 2018. She now serves the Northiside business community as the Executive Director. She brings a wealth of experience in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Finance/ Accounting and Community Engagement to the corridor.
Her dedication to community has led her to work with the West Broadway Business and Area Coalition previously as the Program Manager transforming her work as an activator of vacant spaces into a vehicle of economic and social development. Using Art as a catalyst to create a vibrant business corridor, she managed projects such as the 3-day FLOW Northside Arts Crawl and Open Streets West Broadway. Perry serves on the Executive Committee of the Association for Black Economic Power (ABEP), the May Day Council and is a Northside Awesome Fund Trustee.
Felicia is an ARTreprenuer based in Minneapolis specializing in fashion design, performance art, and curating spaces. She builds on her passion for journalism as an on air host of “DesignHER Life” at KRSM Community Radio station, where she interviews women and non-binary identifying ARTreprenuers about designing and creating their unique life and career paths. Felicia is a current Springboard for the Arts 20/20 Artist Fellow.
Carla Schleicher joined the WBC in the summer of 2013 as a Graphic Design Intern, and stayed on full time through summer 2017 in roles ranging from Communications to Arts Programming. Carla spent a few years in London where she studied design within the context of community engagement and development. After her studies, Carla spent a year as an ICCE Graduate Entrepreneur Resident, where she started her own ceramics homeware brand. She moved back to Minneapolis and rejoined WBC in 2020.
As a practicing visual artist, Carla is most interested in the role art and design play in community development. She produces branding and marketing materials for the the annual FLOW Northside Arts Crawl and other West Broadway Business and Area Coalition projects. In addition to WBC communications, Carla also provides branding assistance for area businesses by designing logos, signage, and other marketing collateral. Carla works closely with North Minneapolis artists on initiatives that showcase local talent and build wealth, and pop-up boutiques.
Fund Development Manager
Employment – Part-time position to start reporting to the Executive Director
Job Function – Fund Development Manager
▪ Works collaboratively with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to plan and coordinate all aspects of fund development and public relations for WBC.
▪ Serves as part of the executive leadership team to provide recommendations and input in strategic decisions to accomplish WBC’s mission.
▪ Provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives, including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, and grant writing.
▪ Develop and drive the implementation of a comprehensive fundraising strategy that sustains and grows revenue streams.
▪ Identify, organize, and manage the affiliate’s fundraising activities with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
▪ Identify development goals and tactics to support WBC’s strategic plan.
▪ Manage grants, individual donors, business sponsorships, event planning, outreach/networking efforts.
▪ Oversee and manage government contracts and private foundation grants and reporting.
▪ Develop a robust grant tracking system to monitor status.
▪ Complete reporting for government contracts and regular grants.
▪ Support the Executive Director in efforts to build and strengthen relationships with local and state legislators and policymakers.