Job Opening- Executive Director
Open Position: Executive Director
Posted February 27, 2015
PDF of Description
The West Broadway Business and Area Coalition (WBC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our goals are to create an inviting and vital West Broadway Corridor and to work to transform the Northside into a thriving economic community. WBC builds capacity of businesses and entrepreneurs, highlights the positive and cultural assets of North Minneapolis, and engages the community in the ongoing revitalization of the West Broadway area. WBC curates community-identified activities designed to transform West Broadway into a thriving commercial corridor that meets the goods, service and entertainment needs of neighborhood residents, businesses, and visitors.
The Executive Director (ED) represents an organization that stands for positive change through coalition building, cooperation between disparate stakeholders, innovative initiatives, and effective marketing of the area to a broader base. The ED is responsible for overseeing administration and implementation of the goals of the organization by providing structure and support to the organization’s program areas. Current program areas include façade grants, FLOW summer arts event, corridor marketing, management of the West Broadway Business Improvement District and others. The WBC will increasingly be called upon to facilitate economic development on the corridor. The ED should be passionate about working within this community and have the demonstrated ability to make and maintain productive connections within the stakeholders.
The ED oversees and implements the overall management of the organization and the ED implements the policies and programs set by the Board of Directors. The ED reports to and provides support to the Board of Directors.
Within the parameters established by the BOD, the ED hires/supervises staff, oversees fundraising and organizational development activities, builds productive connections within the community, engages with stakeholders, and represents the West Broadway Coalition in the broader community; and completes other duties as assigned by the BOD.
Administrative functions include:
- Fiscal Management
- Human Resources: staffing, insurance, etc.
- Prospect research
- Grant writing
- Fundraising events
Programmatic functions include:
- Identify innovative and needed opportunities
- Develops and implement programs
- Keeps accurate records of services performed and meets reporting deadlines
- Develops relationships and works collaboratively with like organization and across organizational disciplines
- Engages businesses, residents, organizations, and governmental entities
- Administrate the monthly board meetings
- Implements strategies to stay abreast of the needs of West Broadway area constituents and ensures those needs are reflected in programming and projects
- Works closely with the City, County, and area elected officials to advocate on behalf of the needs of West Broadway constituents
- Serves as organization media contact
- Ensures effective communications strategies and organization visibility
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree (BA, and MA, MBA or equivalent) in a related field
- Experience in community and economic development, real estate, non-profit, development, for-profit industry or government agencies.
- Real-Estate license, background in economic development
- Three plus years of management and leadership experience that includes coalition building and supervisor experience
- Successful fundraising/securing contracts and grant and/or proposal writing experience.
- Ability to secure and implement contracts
- Experience working with the City of Minneapolis
- Knowledge of non-profit management, laws, and rules.
- Strategic & innovative planning ability, critical thinking skills and the ability to implement long-term vision and annual objectives.
- The ability to be an enthusiastic and inspirational motivator of people and a strong relationship builder.
- Knowledge of commercial corridor revitalization strategies and best practices including: business improvement districts, farmers markets, arts, creative place making, real estate, business associations, branding, etc.
This position is full-time salaried with benefits. Salary DOQ.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter describing your interest in the position and a resume detailing your relevant experience, along with salary requirements to Board@westbroadway.org by 3/23/15 @4pm.