FLOW Northside Arts Crawl
Saturday, July 28th, 2012; 2-8 pm
FLOW 2012 is produced by the West Broadway Coalition.
FLOW 2012 Highlights
• CityPages Pedal Stage. FLOW’s mobile stage will make a move on the hour from site to site along N. 2nd Street. Starting at the Artist Market, you can hop on a bike and help pedal or walk alongside as it travels the route on the map .We’re still looking for groups to pedal the stage for one-hour shifts; sign up here now!
• World’s Longest Soul Train Line. Join Obsidian Arts, KMOJ and FLOW on The Curve of West Broadway to break the Guinness World Record for the Longest Soul Train Line. Part public art project, part community gathering, this record attempt seeks to bring 1000 people together to pay homage to the Soul Train Line – a particularly vibrant cultural artifact from the African American Tradition. Register here!
• Storefront Art. Select photos from Northside365 project will be installed in storefronts on W. Broadway between Bryant and Emerson Avenues.
• West Broadway Historic Walking Tour. Look for the footprints on the sidewalk and use your camera-phone to see historic photos line up exactly with how things look today.
• Photography Contest. Post your photos to FLOW Northside Arts Crawl on Facebook. There will be an online vote to select the best images from this year’s event. Winners receive a cash prize and their photo will be used in 2013 materials.
You can now RSVP to FLOW on Facebook!