WBC JOB OPENING: Programs and Outreach Coordinator
Posted May 13, 2014
Download this Job Description: Programs & Outreach
Overview: West Broadway Business and Area Coalition (WBC) is hiring a Programs and Outreach Coordinator. The WBC office is located on West Broadway in North Minneapolis. The WBC implements a variety of programs, projects, and engagement throughout the year all focused on the end goal of building a thriving business district. The office is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Position: 40 hours per week, full-time salary, occasional weekend and evening hours required
Pay and Benefits: Depends on Qualifications, Health/Dental
Reports to: Executive Director
Experience and Qualifications:
– Three or more years of community and economic development experience including experience with non-profit and/or public finance (masters level education can count towards experience)
– Experience with program and/or project management including: development, implementation, and evaluation of projects and programs
– Facilitation and organizing experience, including grassroots organizing and facilitating committees
– Experience administering city programs and contracts
– Business improvement districts or special service district experience is desired but not required
– Fund development/grant writing experience
– Experience and preference of working in and with diverse communities
– Leadership skills
– Experience with data collection, analysis, and evaluation
– Excellent communications skills, written and oral
– Self-motivated, outgoing, and able to multi-task
– Excellent problem solving and follow-through
– Time management skills including an ability to meet deadlines
Duties and responsibilities:
Project and program coordination for the following:
West Broadway Improvement District-WBID
– Public Realm Management, respond and report to all issues identified within the business improvement district
– Consistent and authentic outreach and engagement with ratepayers
– Develop and manage WBID program
– Procurement of all WBID services including creating RFQs and/or specifications as necessary
– Communicate and partner with the City of Minneapolis Public Works staff to assure compliance with City of Minneapolis rules and regulations.
– Record keeping
– Reporting and evaluation including creating an annual report
– Manage budget
– Leverage additional funding
Façade Improvement Program
– Manage the City of Minneapolis Great Streets Façade Improvement Program for the West Broadway corridor
– Manage the Façade Arts Program for the West Broadway corridor
– Outreach to potential businesses and property owners about program
– Provide technical assistance to business and properties throughout the granting process
– Outreach to artists
– Record keeping and evaluation
West Broadway Area Transit
– Grassroots and business organizing around the multiple transit projects underway in North Minneapolis
– Work with local government agencies and partner organizations around transit.
– Bring a small business voice to the transit conversations
– Find opportunities for West Broadway to benefit from the multiple transit projects and take actions to secure those opportunities.
Strategic Engagement and Outreach:
Provides outreach utilizing a variety of strategies to:
– Serves as a liaison for both the public and private sectors to improve the vitality of West Broadway and the entire Northside community.
– Inform and engage business owners, property owners, community organizations, residents, and other interested parties of the projects, programs, and activities of the WBC with the goal of increasing involvement and interaction with the WBC.
– Coordinates work with and develops and maintains relationships with like organizations and other partner organizations and stakeholders – Works to engage multidisciplinary collaboration with the goal of utilizing comprehensive approaches to community building and economic development strategies
Staff the following committees (work with committee chair to schedule meetings, create dynamic
agendas, outreach and communications with stakeholders, and take meeting minutes):
– Planning, Zoning, and Development Committee
– Transit Committee
– Business Improvement District Committee
– Other committees as assigned
Other duties as assigned
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to Erin Heelan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Electronic submissions only.