West Broadway Area Business Committee
The West Broadway Area Business Committee is a strong network of for-profit and nonprofit businesses and residents supporting one another, seeking creative solutions and promoting a welcoming, wealth-generating West Broadway.
The West Broadway Area Business Committee is a collaboration of the Hawthorne Neighborhood Council and the West Broadway Coalition. The 2015 Committee is co-chaired by WBC Board Member Justin Baylor (McDonalds and JADT Group) and Mike Oker and Jim Wentzell from HNC.
Committee Action Items, 2014-2017:
- Safety and Security- have regular updates at meetings
- Networking, Promoting Business to Business, and Marketing
- Development on West Broadway
What the Committee does: The Business Committee meets monthly to address action items and network. Typically, on odd-numbered months, the Committee hosts an informational meeting on the last Thursday at 8:30am. On even-numbered months, there is a Social Hour networking event on the last Thursday from 4:30-6:00pm. The Committee also hosts breakfasts and lunches; please see the WBC’s calendar for up to date information.
How to get involved:
Getting involved is easy! Anyone that meets the committee membership criteria is welcome to join and attend events and suggest programming. Committee members should be:
- dues-paying members of the WBC
- represent for profit or non profit businesses, properties, or be Northside residents
- be committed to attending on an ongoing basis